Monday, March 28, 2011

1 - monday

here we are again: day one.


I pulled myself out of bed before dawn to make a very important and bittersweet phone call.  t is off for another deployment, his fourth in 18 months.  we have grown so much together in this time, but somehow it doesn't get any easier to have him gone.  this time will be extra trying - I'm moving in with him at the beginning of the summer, but he won't be there.  we both have a lot of adjusting ahead of us.  


when I'm stressed or have a lot on my mind, running is my favorite way to clear my thoughts.  I'm in Paris this week with my mom, and had the last long run of my Boston Marathon training on the schedule.  twenty miles through the streets of Paris? you don't have to ask me twice.


after t and I said goodbye (for now) on the phone, I laced up my mizunos and headed out.



this was a run that I will never forget.  the sun was just starting to peek over the horizon, and flooded the entire city with the most beautiful light. 


highlights include: Jardin des Plantes and the Menagerie (what's up ostriches at 7:30am!), Notre Dame, St Michel, Jardin de Luxembourg, St. Germain, Invalides/Ecole Militaire, la Tour Eiffel, Place Charles de Gaulle/Arc de Triomphe, Parc de Morceau, Madeleine, Place de la Concorde, Jardin des Tuilleries, the Louvre, l'Opera, and Place des Vosges. we are staying in Chatelet, so that was my start and end point. 


I joked to my mom after the run that I had seen the whole city, and we could go home now. (I also joked to t that he should go awol on his layover in europe and come join us in Paris. he politely declined. next time.) 


I feel very blessed to be in such a beautiful place to distract myself from the stress of t leaving. maybe I should go on vacation somewhere amazing every time he deploys? ;) just kidding! 



No comments:

Post a Comment