Sunday, August 1, 2010

102 - saturday

tonight was beachfest, my family's annual reunion.  I hadn't planned on attending because of all the research work I have to do before tuesday.  I spent four hours holed up in the library this afternoon with my team.  eventually we decided that being inside on such a perfect day was a violation of our souls and that, since we weren't getting anywhere productive, we should break for the day.  

I'm glad we did.  I made it down to the beach in time for a preemptive celebration of my grandfather's 80th birthday (technically, it's in november, but we celebrated now because everyone was together).  nearly 75 of my relatives were in attendance.  quality time with my family (who have been grossly neglected since I sold my soul to grad school) was a wonderful way to spend saturday night.  

my grandparents and their five kids. my mama is furthest to the right!

papa and me

1 comment: