Friday, July 30, 2010

101 - friday


today was my last day at la masseria. it was surprisingly bittersweet to walk out of my office knowing it was over.  in the nine months since the restaurant opened, I have been an integral part of the management team.  sometimes it was exhilarating.  other times, it was frustrating and exhausting.  I am grateful to have been a part of helping establish a small but well-loved new york restaurant here in italian restaurant-saturated rhode island.   the experience sharpened my business sense, it exposed me to a new industry, it bolstered my (adult! real world!) confidence and expanded my professional network.

oh, and on wednesday night, we won a huge award: best new restaurant, the highest accolade for which we were eligible at the rhode island monthly's annual best of ri awards.



I asked the owners to take a picture with me tonight before I left, but they refused.  "you'll come back," they said.  pictures are for goodbyes, not see-you-laters.  (they also offered a discounted-meals bribe if I stay close and in touch.  I can handle that.)   



onwards and upwards to the next big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment