Saturday, July 17, 2010

88 - saturday

I went back to the farmer's market this morning.  I can't believe it's been a MONTH since I last went!  where does the time get away to?


last time I went, I happened to have a whole mess of cash in my wallet.  not so much today.  I figured I'd limit myself to all the fresh goodness $5 can buy and supplement the rest with a trip to the grocery store this afternoon.  then I discovered fresh bucks.

at the entrance to the market, the organizing group (farm fresh ri) has a tent set up.  you fork over the plastic, tell them how much you want to spend, and they give you these nifty $5 "fresh bucks" tokens.  they are accepted by all the vendors, and if you don't spend the whole $5, you get the difference in cash back.

they never expire.  they satisfy my inner child.  it's chuck-e-cheese kitsch meets local farm exchange wholesomeness.  AND they are accepted at every farmer's market in the state! I bought $50 of fresh bucks and have $20 left over.  hmmm...there is a market on monday nights right around the corner from where I work...

No comments:

Post a Comment