Friday, July 9, 2010

80 - friday

I worked late and it's thunderstorming something awful, so I'm spending the night at my parents' house rather than make the half hour commute back to my own place.  when we first moved here, twelve years ago, teenage me was so excited to get my own room and my own bathroom and doors with locks and an awesome closet.  it was paradise.  it was also freezing.  you see, my bedroom is situated right below the air conditioning factory in the attic, so the newly churned icy air always hit me first.  I remember summers when I could stand in the hallway, outside my closed door, and feel the freezing air rushing out from under the gap above the floorboards.


but like all well designed, faithful machines, the air conditioning system has come to the inevitable end of its fifteen-plus years of service.  and...surprise! you can see the outline of it ON MY CEILING because it's leaking water through the vent onto my bedroom floor and into the ceiling and into the attic. oh, what a mess.  thank goodness for homeowner's insurance, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment