Saturday, July 24, 2010

95 - saturday

I spent the entire day with my research team today.  nearly nine straight hours of work.  it's a damn good thing we like each other and get along so well, otherwise I'm quite sure we'd have had a casualty by now.

we had a department-wide grad-student pot-luck backyard-BBQ (too many conjunctions? ask the English MAT students) tonight.  our hostess with the mostess, Maggie, is in the MAT program.  her roommate babysits for the most adorable girls in the universe, who quickly became the stars of the party.


hula hoop stars

though I'm convinced the local mosquito population got the best of me tonight, it sure was nice to relax and know that everyone at the party was as stressed as I was but still managing to have a great time.  there's a certain degree of solidarity in socializing under stress that somehow levels the playing field.  I feel very confident in facing the obstacles that stand between us now and the end of next week.  that, and I have the greatest reward of all waiting for me when I'm done: t is coming HOME!

bring it on, research practicum! it's another day closer to august :)

No comments:

Post a Comment