Monday, July 5, 2010

76 - monday

I am hereby declaring myself entitled to two panic attacks this summer.


the first one is happening at this very moment.  I will spare you a detailed, hyperventilating rant about my stress level and my post-marathon mood swings and how many tens of thousands of dollars I am asking the government to loan me to pay for grad school and all of my duedates and timelines and calendars and how hot it is in my apartment and how for the third monday in a row I went to my office with one simple task to do and couldn't, for reasons beyond my control.


after three f*@%ing hours of getting nothing done at work I left the office very calmly and went to my parents' house to feed and let out the dog (they're at the beach for the day, it must be nice!).  I opened the pantry door to get out his kibble, and that's when the blue box special caught my eye.


yes, it's true, I'm (usually) a food snob.  but sometimes there's not a thing in the world that can beat the comfort factor of good old mac n' cheese.  yes, I ate the whole box.  no, I haven't been running in almost a week and have been feeling like a sweaty, stressed, miserable sloth because of it.  but thanks, kraft white cheddar mac,  I feel better already.

I anticipate another meltdown around the end of July when everythingisdueatonce.  don't say you weren't warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment