Saturday, July 3, 2010

74 - saturday

I don't know what is in the water but I have had some pretty serious nostalgia today for all the things 12-year old me loved best.  oh, how I would have killed to lie on my belly in front of the tv all day watching "now and then" and giggling and eating flav-or-ice with my middle school friends.

instead, I settled for buying a pitcher and filling it with lemonade ice tea, and spending the afternoon reading for school.  being a grown-up kind of blows sometimes - but summer still tastes like summer if done right.


but of course I had to make a trip to the grocery store in order to buy the ice tea and lemonade mixes, and in my fit of nostaligia made a beeline for the frozen treats section to see about that flav-or-ice.  and then I saw it: haagen-dazs "five" lemon ice cream.  five ingredients (milk, cream, sugar, eggs, lemon), the tiniest flecks of lemon zest dotted throughout.  creamy, but so refreshing.  and all dressed up for the fourth of july (happy birthday, america!) with some of the fresh fruit I've been noshing on all week.

oh, yum.  I think grown-up me has a new favorite treat (but 12-year old me can keep a special place in my heart).

No comments:

Post a Comment