Monday, July 19, 2010

90 - monday

remember when I ran a marathon?

remember when I signed up to run another?


most marathon training plans are 4 months long.  in the past, I've used the runner's world ultimate beginner plan for half marathons (9-wk) and the full (16-wk).  surprisingly, I started looking forward to my tuesday hill workouts and my thursday speedwork.  I could feel myself constantly improving.  a 16- or 18-miler on sunday morning started feeling natural (!) and comfortable.  it just worked.

since I signed up for the newport marathon in october, I've been running 4 times.  that's right, 4 times.  I'm supposedly 2 weeks into my 16-week program (I even bumped up the intensity to the RW intermediate program) and I can't manage to get my rear end out the door in the morning to run.  by the time I am awake and feeling restless, it's 90+ degrees outside and too humid to move, and then I convince myself that I can't run.   to keep to the plan, I should have run 12 miles yesterday.  instead I barely squeaked out 5 because it was so hot and humid.  this is simply unacceptable.

no more excuses.

my post-marathon running vacation is over.  time to get serious again.  and to dust off my running shoes! my goodness, how pathetic do they look gathering dust in that dark corner of my closet? I paid top dollar in the not-distant past for those beauties!  time to take them back on the road where they - and I - belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment