Thursday, July 15, 2010

85 - wednesday

one of the awesome oddities of the town that I grew up in is that it is home to the kentish guard militia, one of, if not the longest continuously chartered militias in the united states.  they were chartered on october 29, 1774.  now I'm no math genius, but that is a pretty freakin' long time to have been in continuous service.



the fife and drum corps practices every wednesday night at the kentish guard armory, which is just behind the restaurant.  the music is beautiful and the rhythm keeps me rockin' through my stacks of paperwork.  (five minutes of cruising the web turned up this link to buy their cd.  I am tempted.)

I didn't take either of these pictures, unfortunately, because I have been trying since march to get a picture of these guys practicing and every week, by the time I get up to the armory, they're done and have all disappeared.  maybe I will rename them the kentish ninjas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment