Friday, April 30, 2010

10 - friday

  


race weekend is here!  I just got back from picking up my number.  Kennedy Plaza, the start/finish line, was swarmed with race people, but inside the Westin the expo was completely empty (what was I expecting at 3:30 on friday afternoon?).  they had a massage station set up, with lots of sports masseuses standing around looking totally bored.  if I wasn't wearing a dress (how awkward), I would have totally plunked myself onto a table for a free rub-down.


so, not the world's greatest race swag, but then again, my expectations fell precipitously when I found out that the race sponsor had changed.  and the lawn gnome my mom fished out of my neighbor's trash the last time I had her over made the picture, so at least I have that going for me.

but enough about the race.  I am over the moon excited because tonight is my first PawSox game of the season!  my very good friend Olivia and I get so into the PawSox every year.  at $11/ticket for awesome seats and a fantastic ballpark (home of baseball's longest game!) who can blame us?  we got to see Kevin Youkilis from the fourth row behind home plate last season, while he was in Pawtucket rehabbing an injury.  that's just not something you can get at Fenway.  there will be fireworks after the game, too.  the weather is perfect and is supposed to stay like this all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment