Friday, April 23, 2010

in between cameras

my last digital camera was stolen in 2007 while I was studying abroad, so I was overdue to bite the bullet and get a new one.  a couple of weeks ago I caved in and bought a new, pretty little Samsung TL105.  having not had a camera for so long, though, I've gotten lazy about taking pictures.  this forces me to get back to it :)

I admit readily that I kind of ripped off the concept for my blog from this fantastic project started between two friends, to share a photo a day for one year of their mornings, from 3191 miles apart.   my very handsome and brave boyfriend, a lieutenant in the air force, is deploying today (eeek!) for the next few months, and I loved the idea of sharing with him one picture from every day between now and when he returns. I started the project this past wednesday, our first morning apart, and will post at least a photo a day for all of our mornings in between.

this blog is also a way for me to document what is shaping up very nicely to be some of the most fun times I've ever experienced: freshman year of "real life," my first year out of college.  I'm 23, I'm having a blast, and I'm surrounded by great people all. the. time.  why not take pictures and talk about it?

(ok, it also an excuse for me to post links to some of my favorite food blogs.  it's an obsession.  but more about that another time.)

welcome to my mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment