Thursday, April 29, 2010

9 - thursday

I was standing at the sink in my kitchen, finishing my coffee and loading my breakfast dishes into the dishwasher (that didn't last long empty) when I heard an ENORMOUS ruckus coming from next door.  so naturally I ran for the nearest window to see what all the commotion was.  our neighbors have a gigantic bull mastiff, Sandlot-style, named Zeus (I made that up, I have no idea what his name is, I just think he would make a good Zeus), and he was outside doing his morning business when he apparently decided, enough with this tiny backyard, today is the day I bust free and join the rest of the dogs on the other side of the fence in the dog park.  so Zeus went thundering through the fence (literally busted a hole in it), rounded up as many new dog friends as he could, and brought them all home with him.  what I witnessed was the ensuing scene - lots of Patagonia-clad, coffee-thermos clutching, embarrassed soccer moms trying to round up their dogs from this tiny yard while they all jumped all over the place and each other.  suffice it to say there was a lot of barking ("but I don't waaaant to go back to the dog park, mom!") and a lot of leash-yanking.   if I'm going to photodocument my life, I really need to get better at having my camera handy.

--

this morning is absolutely begging to have its picture taken.  it was cold when I went out for my run at 6:30 (45 degrees) but it's supposed to be in the mid-sixties all day.  the leaves are all opening so there are big, crisp shadows on everything.  blooming flowers, blue sky... simply beautiful.


I work in the same small, oceanside town were T and I both grew up, and mornings like these are especially nice on the waterfront.  I took a walk down to the docks when I got to work and snapped these pictures.  the first is the railroad bridge by the old jail, which I love, and the second is the fisherman's cove.  the rhode island clam company is right up the street from the fisherman's docks, and I love watching them dump the clams out of the nets on the trawlers, but there was all kinds of construction going on there (I felt weird taking pictures in heels and a suit while the traffic cops and construction guys were milling about.  another day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment