Friday, August 5, 2011

check it out!



look who I found! if you can't tell by my obnoxiously big smile, I am quite excited to have him home!

this handsome stud landed safely in the usa just after midnight on thursday. the wife of one of his crewmates brought me onto the base to pick him up. I'd never done this before and it's quite the production: all the families stand in the big open hangar (behind us in the picture) and wait for the jet to land. then all the waiting excited happy people walk out on the jetway and play find-your-loved-one. if you're me, you're looking for a tall handsome guy with a GIANT MUSTACHE. then you wait another hour for them to bring out the baggage, and all the returnees play find-your-bag (it-looks-just-like-everyone-else's). that part is less fun, but it's ok. still exciting. there were lots of puppies waiting in the hangar. they were a good distraction and made me less nervous. plus, the only thing cuter than a returning soldier greeting his or her kids is a returning soldier greeting his or her dogs. pups get so excited to see their people.

t would like me to tell you that his enormous mustache looks awesome. so while I will concede that the mustache is quite impressive, I must also report that it is now gone. thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment