Monday, August 29, 2011

dog days

and then there were three.

on wednesday, we welcomed this handsome guy into our lives. his name is duke.

hi, I'm duke.

he's a wirehaired pointer-lab mix, and just over a year old. he's a fifty pound ball of energy. I mean, this puppy LOVES to play.




he's figured out that if he piles up all the toys together, he doesn't have to pick just one to gnaw on at a time

he's fully housebroken. he's good in the car. he likes other dogs, other cats, and other humans. he comes when he's called. he knows (and mostly responds to) the sit command. sometimes he nails it on the first try, other times take a considerable amount of urging. 

sit?

yikes. sorry. how did that picture get in here?! I was totally talking about the dog.

reminds me of this dog

he's a very smart and loving boy, but he's been living in a partial shelter/partial foster arrangement for the past several months, which means his training has been inconsistent and his overall obedience is a work in progress. we are hard at work on his preferred wake-up time (5:50am). kind of reminds me of the dog from the movie up. "I'M A DOG! I'M AWAKE! YOU'RE MY MASTER AND I LOVE YOU!" please go back to sleep, dog! yawn.

he's got the crazy in his eyes

lucky for duke, we found him and we love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment