Wednesday, July 13, 2011

104 - saturday

this morning started out with a five mile run in one of my most favorite places: goddard park. the route I use is two miles in the park, one mile out to sandy point (where I can see out across narragansett bay), one mile back to the park gate, and another mile on the main road back to my car. I've never had a bad run on this route. it's just...perfect. this morning there was ample shade on the road and a strong, cool, salty breeze blowing in off the ocean. when I got out to the point, I slipped off my shoes and walked out on the jetty and watched the boats for a few minutes. this weather is such a welcome change after the runs I've been attempting in the brutal georgia heat and humidity - my neighborhood has almost no trees/shade!

despite the ideal weather, I was still a sweaty beast by the time I got home. the whole drive back from the park I thought about how I was going to jump right in the pool with all my clothes on. so imagine my surprise when I went to take the plunge, but this guy beat me to it:

hello, little frog.  

apparently he jumps in the pool every day. my sister and her friends have fished him (his brothers? his lookalikes? ok..so all the frogs look the same) out with the net and without fail he's back the next day. if I were a frog and it was july and there was a pool within hopping distance, you better believe I'd be posted up on the vacuum hose, sunning myself.

speaking of sunning myself, that's what I did for the rest of saturday. the pup approved.

so immodest.

I also spent a few hours visiting with my grandmother, who is recovering (impressively and rapidly) from her stroke last month. my mom, sister and I picked her up at her assisted living community and brought her to her house for a few hours, so she could visit with us in a comfortable setting. she practically ran to the car when we picked her up. she was so happy, and I love that I got to spend some time with her on this short trip home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment