Wednesday, July 13, 2011

106 - monday




lest we forget that this weekend was NOT a contest to see how many hours of pooltime or how many pounds of lobster I could get, but was, in fact, all about my bro's birthday: sunday night we went out to fancy pants dinner, monday night we went to fancy pants dinner, AND I made a bad ass ice cream cake that took three days to construct. I'm not sure my brother has ever had a more protracted (or awesome) birthdaystravaganza.

 driving us to the beach for dinner in his brand new jeep!


 matunuck oyster bar for lobster #3 birthday dinner #2. awkward lean because we're on very high bar stools. 

matunuck sunset 

after dinner, we headed home for ice cream cake. I'm an unreasonable perfectionist when it comes to baking, so I was disappointed in the final product. the cake parts were too dry, there was too much cake, and putting the whole thing together frozen meant the cake was still kind of frozen when we ate it. and it took three days to make. next time, if the bro wants ice cream cake, it's coming from the freezer case at the grocery store. fudgy the whale has that market cornered.

oh well, it still looked good! happy birthday, brother!


No comments:

Post a Comment