Thursday, July 14, 2011

109 - thursday


t and I both love to cook. today I made his grandmother's recipe for roasted vidalia onions. we live about 40 miles northwest of vidalia, and the sweet onions for which it is known are georgia's state vegetable. they practically give them away at the grocery store this time of year (25 cents a pound!! a POUND!) and I bought two last week. this recipe is especially dear to t because his grandmother passed away in may. I'm glad I had the chance to give it a test run before he gets home, when we can enjoy the sweet and tangy roasted onions together.

I used a little less butter and a little more beef stock than the recipe called for. they came out delicious. these babies for dinner tomorrow night alongside panko-crusted pork chops? I think yes.




finished product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment