Saturday, July 16, 2011

111 - saturday

sometimes marathon training really sucks. it takes up a lot of time and serious dedication. four long months of training hard, eating right, and pushing through mental and physical fatigue boils down to just a few hours on a saturday morning, and then, suddenly, it's over.

but sometimes, it's great. I love the way I feel when I'm making sure I get a lot of sleep and eat right. I love a good night at the bar, but I also love waking up feeling clear and ready to rock my run before the sun comes up. and I've now run two marathons that pushed me to my physical and mental limits, and despite the pain, nothing beats the ecstasy of crossing the finish line.

marathon training just officially kicked off last week, and I'm already in a slump. I'm back in georgia and after a few great runs back in rhode island where it was cool and dry and I could get away with 10:30am, needing to wake up before the sun in order to get out while the temps are below unsafe but well above tolerable has lost its appeal. I thought my new running shoes would help, but they aren't. this morning I set my alarm for very early - 5:20am - so that I could meet the local running club for their weekly group run. I had five miles to get through and was excited about finally making it to one of their workouts. but last night, I was engrossed in my book and didn't fall asleep until nearly midnight. I woke up after 8 this morning. I don't even remember snoozing/shutting off my alarm. I didn't make it out for my run today, and I'm not happy about it.

so tonight, I'm getting back on track. I had a big salad for dinner. I had three glasses of water. and I'm in bed before 9:30pm, watching pretty woman.

greatest movie ever

it's supposed to be a beautiful morning, and I can't wait to get out and run. 



No comments:

Post a Comment