Wednesday, July 27, 2011

121 - tuesday

do you ever think you've told someone something, but when you mention it to them down the road they have no idea what you're talking about? I do it to t more often than I care to admit. I remember something I need to tell him, I have the conversation in my mind, and the message doesn't get conveyed until I'm so annoyed with him for not remembering (a thing I never told him). how great am I?

this morning (wednesday) I got an e-mail from my mom, wondering if I was ok because I didn't post on the blog yesterday. wait, I didn't? (also, really mom, that's your only litmus test for whether or not I'm still alive and well? but I digress.) I took the pictures, I drafted the post in my head, and then I...oh yeah, got majorly distracted thinking about how AWESOME it would be to live in a house that was one part ina garten's cooking barn, one part amazing living/entertaining space complete with state of the art gym. more bedrooms upstairs. a short walk to the beach. "my kitchen counter is 18 feet long so that my assistant and I can work side by side without bumping into each other." yadda yadda yadda. this is the third time I've attempted to write this post.

alas. apparently the technology for "if you think it, it will write itself" is still a few years out, so my blog post never made it to the internet. oops.

it's now after 7:30pm on wednesday, and I keep getting distracted by ina garten's cooking barn. ohmygaaaahhhhhhh. before this gets any more out of hand: THIS is what I did yesterday.


I hung up pictures in the guest bathroom. ta-da!


black and white and red (...all over. badump-chh! newspaper riddle, anyone?). nautical accents to remind us of home sweet new england. red lantern from the army-navy surplus in newport, seagrass candle (I HATE scented candles, but this one will never get lit and adds a very subtle scent to the room. at least it's not a god-awful yankee candle abomination) from a well-wishing neighbor at my going away party, and the pictures.


I took these pictures on new year's day in 2006. I had spent the fall semester off from college. I was starting at brown in a few weeks, and the living at home with my parents and working full-time without any friends to hang out with in the area was starting to get under my skin. the first day of 2006 was unusually warm, so I took my beloved slr down to point judith and walked alone around the deserted fishing town, snapping pictures. these are two of my favorites from that day. 


nothing special. but they're mine, and I love them.

(and I think they would look equally badass in ina garten's cooking barn's bathroom, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment