Friday, July 15, 2011

110 - friday

I saw the final harry potter movie today.


last night I went and saw part one of the movie, and today I returned to the theater to see part two. alone both times, because I'm cool like that. the theater was full of crazy people last night. there were easily over 200 people in costumes standing in a line that wrapped all throughout the lobby and snaked out the door into the parking lot. I'm told the costume contest started at 10am, a full FOURTEEN hours before the new movie premiered. that's a really freaking long time to hang out at the movie theater. the theater was running a special offer where for $15, you could see part one at 9pm and part two at midnight, in 3D. for someone who never even read the books and has a hard time staying awake past 10pm, that seemed a little intense, so I decided to just come back during the day, figuring the theater would be mostly empty because people would be at work.

people were not at work. I struggled to find an empty seat. I am not exaggerating.

and yes, really, I never read the books. I read the first one when I was a junior in high school to see what all the fuss was about. at the time, my younger sister (very younger sister) was totally engrossed in the series, and all my friends had read them in elementary and middle school. but I came late to that party and decided I was too old and too cool for books that my kid sister was into; after the first book, I never picked one up again. once the movies started coming out there was no reason for me to read the books. all of which means I walked into the theater this afternoon with no idea how it would end.

I won't give anything away, but: it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment