Wednesday, July 6, 2011

101 - wednesday

the days leading up to a trip for me always include two frantic tasks: first, making a painstakingly well-planned packing list, complete with the weather forecast for the trip. second, ensuring that all perishable food in the house has been consumed, with little to none wasted.

I'm going on a mini-vacation this weekend (YAY!) and while I succeeded with flying colors at Task One, it's now late on the night before the trip and this is how Task Two is looking:

yes, wine. it counts as perishable. and delicious.

so, not a perfect success. I'll eat the remaining peach and yogurt for breakfast tomorrow, which means that I'll be tossing broccoli, two eggs, and some goat cheese (sad face). the lemons and the half-used jar of tomato sauce will be fine for a few more days. I also forgot to write "buttermilk" but I do have a barely used container of that, too. that lasts a freaky long time, though. I'm not worried about it. I figure it's about $5 of food waste, which isn't TOO bad, I suppose. 

the problem with eating this way is that my stomach is KILLING me from the fiber fiesta (tmi? meh. sorry. deal with it.) I put it through today. I had a green smoothie for lunch (spinach + peach + raspberries) and had a late afternoon snack of the tiny bit of leftover hummus and a half pound of baby carrots. then I got sick and so instead of having broccoli for dinner, I had ramen noodles, a graham cracker, and some tea. 

I'm a very talented traveler, but stomach issues are my one travel nemesis. what's more: I hoped to squeeze in a bikram yoga class in atlanta tomorrow between the errands I need to run and catching my flight. but trouble in tummy town means no yoga means unhappy michaela. not cool. so I'm thinking my most positive thoughts and hoping to wake up tomorrow feeling like one hundred dollars so that I can travel in comfort AND get hot and twisted (ha. ha.) before takeoff. here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment