Monday, July 25, 2011

120 - monday

last night, when my stomach issues had mostly resolved and I was feeling a little better but angry about my failed attempt to exercise, I decided to do the next best thing to getting my sweat on: bake chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. because NOT running 8 miles definitely earns you the right to butter, sugar, and chocolate chips.

a true lady never confesses the number of cookies she's shoveled down her pie-hole, but it was more than one and I still had more than two dozen left over.

I knew they had to go. I sent a text to one of t's friends who works on base, hoping she'd be able to pawn the extras off on her coworkers. no response from her, so I had more than one for breakfast this morning. and another one after lunch.

but this afternoon, said friend's husband sent me a text asking if he could borrow t's truck. I had found my in. boys love cookies - there's no way he could say no! he came over to get the truck, and I met him at the door with these. he feigned mock resistance, but I could tell that he was happy to walk away with a big bag of cookies.

sayonara, delicious treats! true story: I kept the half dozen in the mini-bag for myself. 

now that the sweet craving has been satisfied but the cookies are out of the house, I can get back to eating the real food in my fridge (two whole heads of romaine lettuce. guess what I'm having for lunch the rest of the week). 

sweet success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment