Wednesday, July 13, 2011

108 - wednesday

today I bit the bullet and finally did something I've needed to do since may: I bought new running shoes. my old pair had almost 500 miles on them - all of my training for boston and the other smaller races I've done in the past 6 months. I've been moaning and complaining about how expensive they are and how mizuno changed the fit on the newest incarnation of the model I wear. I was full of excuses not to buy. whine whine whine.

except, I never actually tried the new model on. until today. and I love the way they fit. I've never handed over so much money so eagerly. so all my whining was totally unfounded. surprised? me either.

old, broken down wave rider 13's on the floor. brand spanking new 14's in the spotlight. it's love.

I also should confess that part of my hesitation to buy stemmed from the fact that the new 14's were only available in hot pink/white or dark grey/purple. not to be a diva, but I've always had bright turquoise shoes. and with a few narrow exceptions, I've always raced in black and turquoise outfits. I wasn't ready to welcome a new color scheme into my life. I almost bought brooks (knowing they wouldn't fit my instep) merely to accommodate my look. so on top of my other hesitations there was that. 

so. imagine my surprise when I found out that the running store in town had the 14's in the brand new, backordered everywhere online, exact color I wanted! WIN. I took them for a test run almost as soon as I got those beauties home. wearing coordinating colors, of course. 

hi. I'm michaela. my clothes match my shoes and I don't care how much you judge me. I look cute. 

just the right treat to jumpstart my motivation for marathon training! savannah, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment