Sunday, May 2, 2010

12 - sunday

race day! the cox rhode races marathon and shape up RI half marathon were this morning in downtown providence.  it was cloudy and breezy when we stepped off, but warmed up very quickly and turned into quite a muggy race.  I felt great and spent it fist pumping for cowbell, giving little kids high-fives, and enjoying the company of my fellow racers (and the cheers from my family!).  I stopped and took a quick picture with my little sister at Lippett Park, the 8 mile mark.

Lippett Park, 4.75 miles.  too fast for a sharp picture.  ha.

sisters at Lippett Park, 8 miles.  

I kind of hit a wall on my way into mile 12, and felt like if I stopped running I was going to pass out, but luckily met up with another girl who had been running near me and we paced each other into the finish.  I emptied the tanks pretty hard, sprinting across the line, and was so bugeyed and exhausted by the time I finshed that I dropped my medal.  but, I did it!  I don't have my official time yet (I crossed the line at gun time 2:06), so by my calculation it was right around (hopefully under!) 2 hours.

I finished! SO tired.

Harpoon sponsored the after party.  honestly, who can drink a beer after running 13.1? not me.


what? double... what? you thought I forgot? 


the good news is that KFC is now allowed to call their product "chicken" again, meaning they no longer make their food from mutant bowling balls with feathers.  


two pieces of fried chicken are probably the world's worst "bun" substitute (whose idea was this?) - everything kind of slides around.  but oh. my. goodness.  how freaking delicious and totally earned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment