Tuesday, May 25, 2010

35 - tuesday

today was balls hot.  normally I find the phrase "balls hot" to be rude and misused, but it's appropriate now because it brings to mind the very specific kind of sticky humidity that mother nature graced us with today.  and yes, I think that's as gross as you do.

after work, I baked cookies.  which makes perfect sense in this heat.

before I baked cookies, I went to the grocery store to get ingredients.  all I really wanted was a gallon of water to dump over my head, so it was hard to concentrate (I seriously contemplated "falling" in the freezer aisle, just so I could lie down on the cold floor).  I left with everything, got home, made a margarita (ole!) and got started on the cookies.

then I realized: I forgot chocolate chips.

I'm making freakin' chocolate chip cookies and I forgot the one essential ingredient, yet somehow managed to walk out of the store with two POUNDS of strawberries?  I try not to shop at whole foods when I need something basic like chocolate chips, but it's half the distance from here to there as it is to go all the way back to my regular market, so I left the oven pre-heating (yikes, probably not a great idea), sucked it up and went to wf.  I got what I needed.

...and I also got these.


a big, bright, summery bunch of gerber daisies to brighten up my kitchen :)

what? you wanted to see the cookies?  they're for t.  the cat's already out of the bag about what kind they are - I'm not going to further dilute the surprise by showing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment