Thursday, May 13, 2010

23 - thursday


grungy old sneakers.  shiny new technology.

I was so excited all day to go to the nike outlet and finally get myself some new running shoes.  the marathon is six weeks away, and I want as much time as possible to break in a new pair.  the nike outlet is a 20 minute drive from my house, and seemed like the greatest idea ever - tons of shoes to choose from, lots of space to jog around and try them out, and discounts.

let me just say it was a major let-down.  there were only two pairs of shoes to choose from, neither pair were comfortable, and neither was on sale.  sooooo I kind of putzed around, pretended to flip through some shirts on a rack and make the most of things since I'd made a trip out of it.  in the end I caved and bought a nike+ chip for my shoe.  it talks to the road (it does. it's science.) and to my computer and records my distance, pace, splits, elevation, heart rate, etc.  the wrist band contains the usb connector and gives me a realtime read-out of my progress.  so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment