Monday, May 31, 2010

41 - monday

today is the day that I have been waiting for since beginning my marathon training: I ran the perimeter of conanicut island (jamestown & beavertail).  it's a breathtakingly gorgeous 20+-mile loop along the water, through the woods, up and down giant hills, past sprawling farms and ponds and out to the cliffs of beavertail, from where you can see all the sailboats cruising in and out of newport harbor.

it was really hard, but totally worth it.  OF COURSE, I left my camera at home by accident.  I did take this picture with my blackberry at the beginning of the run.  I started at the rec center, and the Memorial Day parade was passing on the same street.  would you look at all those flags!


I'm so proud that I finished the run, but insanely tired.  and my right sock looks like something from the curt schilling collection (apparently, my old shoes are eating my feet.  must. buy. new. shoes.).  only 26 days until seattle, eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment