Monday, May 3, 2010

13 - monday


there was (almost) nothing good about today.

it took me sixty-seven minutes to make my twenty minute commute...which is exactly ten minutes less than it took me last month to get to work when the highway was closed and the National Guard was out because of severe flooding that put half the state (literally) underwater.  when I got to the site of the alleged accident that was responsible for the traffic fiasco, it had already been cleared.  I hope everyone is ok, don't get me wrong, but if I'm going to sit in traffic for an hour, I want to at least see that there was a worthy problem.  I'm not talking multiple ambulances and fireball cars; I'm not that morbid or sociopathic.  I'm talking about something like a piece of bumper on the ground.  you know, evidence.

I got to work to find my office in complete shambles: my desk pulled away from the wall, the contents of a storage cube (carefully organized binders, reams of printer paper) spilled all over the floor, my computer unplugged, cpu's re-positioned, etc.  all because my looney tunes boss needed a spare outlet to charge his cell phone last night.  remind me to buy an outlet strip to avoid such a scene in the future.

then, the errand that I went out of my way to run after I finally left work ended in the store being sold out of the one item I wanted.

I could go on and on.

what was excellent about today was that I got to see and talk to t on skype, and even though the combat 'stache that he's growing is totally gross, I still think he's the absolute cutest.  he reminded me that his monday was no better (and arguably, worse) than mine, and he's so right.  I have an awful lot to be grateful for.

tomorrow is a new day and it's uncharted training territory.  I've now run two half marathons, but I've never trained beyond.  tomorrow I am making that first real step towards 26.2, and I'm bringing with me all the lessons I learned yesterday (particularly about fueling).  so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment