Sunday, May 16, 2010

26 - sunday

today was my first day off in 15, and I spent it relaxing.  that's awfully hard to do when you're used to getting up every morning, but I pulled it off - I slept in til 9, went out for brunch with my friends, went for a run, and came home to my parents' house for sunday dinner.  I've been sitting outside watching the dog dig in the garden.


I gave him a piece of cheese.  it's clear who the favorite sibling is.  

my brother, who's been living and working in manhattan for the past two years, moved home today to start looking for a new job.  he's been working for daniel boulud in new york since graduating from culinary school.  daniel is a celeb-chef and runs his kitchens on order and discipline, so it's been a great way for my brother to develop his technical skills.  but new york is just not his groove.  a lot of young chefs are finding opportunities to develop their visions in small, boutique restaurants in boston, and he's looking to break into that market.  

so far, all he's broken into is my parents' porch.


weird to have all five of us (six, if you count the dog) back in the same house for the night.  I don't hate it, especially not if it means my brother is cooking! yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment