Saturday, May 7, 2011

41 - saturday

I lived for a year without a microwave until t gave me an extra one he had back in january. I got used to cooking with my stove and oven, and only really missed the convenience in reheating stuff or in making popcorn (which I'm not even good at). slowly but surely, I've gotten used to having it around.

I love baked potatoes. they are infinitely adaptable. they are filling. they are delicious. to say I was excited for dinner tonight is an embarrassing bit of an understatement, but waiting an hour for it to do it's thing in the oven just seemed like so long.

so I took out the microwave user's manual (hush, I'm new to these things) and looked up how to use the baked potato button. it seemed simple enough. five minutes to baked potato-y goodness instead of an hour of waiting around? sold.


listen, I know by all appearances it LOOKS edible under all that cheese and butter and "sour cream" aka greek yogurt. but it was gross. it was completely dry and overcooked around the outside, and solid and uncooked in the middle. I tried re-nuking it once I bust it open and filled it with the goods you see pictured here, but it didn't help.

it's true, what they say. if it aint broke, don't fix it. lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment