Saturday, May 14, 2011

48 - saturday

things I am grateful for: fun traditions, great friends, (planned) study breaks.

2011 game - we get to tell all our friends we had great seats to a "sox/yanks" game. aaa style.

tonight I went to see a pawsox game with my friend olivia. it was our fifth baseball game together, and our third annual pawsox-in-may game. we have our own favorite pawsox players, and have been treated to the occasional red sox dl rehab appearance. (I'm looking at you and your awkward, butt-wiggling pre-batting swagger, kevin youkilis.)

we lost tonight. it was horrible. 10-2 yanks. (at least the BOSTON red sox beat the NY yankees tonight. get it where it counts, gents.)

the little kids sitting behind us kept yelling things like, "my grandma plays better than you!" and "why are you diving? does this look like a swimming lesson?" and (my favorite) "my grandma drinks BEER better than you play BASEBALL!" it was great.

2009

tonight was COLD (come on, may!), so we opted out of one of our (more flexible) traditions:

ice cream in a hat @ 2010 game

I loved this day - I got a lot done and got to celebrate by sharing in one of my favorite yearly traditions with a good friend. happy, happy girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment