Saturday, May 21, 2011

53 - thursday + 54 - friday + an apology

I'd like to tell you that the reason it's been radio silence here for the past two days is because I've been frolicking around wildly in joy at having finished my conference. and, that's partially true. thursday I was out of the house at my conference and dinner from 7:30 in the morning until roughly 7:00 at night. then I went out for a drink with my cohort and relived my undergrad glory days at one of the late-night eateries on campus. I came home pleasantly buzzed and ready to get my blog on, but realized my camera was still at the bar because I am a spaz. womp womp.

yesterday I was full of good intentions: wake up, do a few hours of work, then go get the camera. but the truth is that I spent six hours grading my students' final papers, and then another two hours meeting with the professor to submit the grades to the university, and by the time we finished I was so one-track-minded about getting home and getting a nap that I forgot (!) about my plan to go to the bar and pick up my camera. double fail.

so, I apologize. for being a complete flailing idiot and for keeping things so quiet around here for the past couple of days.

did you know that iphones have cameras?! I have ONE picture in my possession from the past 72 hours. one of the girls in my cohort polled the group earlier this week to put together a set of superlatives. some sweet, some funny, some downright irreverent.

I won most likely to make deb gist, commissioner of education, cry. I think it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment