Friday, May 13, 2011

46 - thursday

blogger spent all day yesterday and half of today in time out. thought I'd just put it out there that for once, I'm not the delinquent one who's posting "thursday" at 10 pm on friday.


without further ado, I present: three things thursday.

1. taking the time in an insanely busy week to blowdry my hair and put on a real outfit instead of going to the library in gym clothes and a tangled braid did wonders for my mood. my old hair dresser used to say, dress your best when you feel your worst. it's true. feeling good about how you look is an instant mood booster.

of course, because I'm an asshole, I didn't take a picture of myself, so I can't prove I looked good. you will just have to believe me. and if you're t, forgive me, for depriving you of getting to look at me for more than 7 seconds (the apparent upward limit of time for which skype is willing to allow us to video chat. technology is not our friend lately.)

2. taking the time out of my busy week to have sit-down dinner with my mama did wonders for my blood pressure. there's something about standing at your counter, hovering over the lean cuisine you've dumped into a bowl to convince yourself it's a "real meal," that makes you more stressed out than you started. or at least it does for me. I stand there thinking, this is awful. I should sit down. I can't sit down. I don't have time to sit down. just finish eating and get back to work.

this is not how food should be enjoyed. THIS is:

chicken pad thai, mango curry, funny-shaped blob of rice. 
and beer for mama, because she did not go straight from dinner to the library. 

3. if you go to the coffee shop 20 seconds before closing and wax pathetic about what a long night you're about to have, they might just make your night by forking over a free cupcake to go with that coffee + espresso up-all-night concoction you just ordered. even if it is an old, sad, kind of gross because it's filled with and topped with frosting "cookies n' creme" cupcake. because it's a cupcake, for crying out loud, and it was FREE. if you kick your feet up on the desk and close your eyes and bite into said cupcake, you might just forget for 30 seconds that you're in a cement-block, windowless solitary confinement cell deep in the bowels of the library. 

blue state, you win (again). 

No comments:

Post a Comment