Wednesday, May 11, 2011

45 - wednesday

I fell asleep during my exam this afternoon. I KNOW.



I debated whether or not to share that, because I'm embarrassed as all get-out. but in the name of full disclosure, I thought you should know. I spent the first 35 minutes of a 3 hour exam nodding off like a bobble head doll. I had to leave the room three times to run up and down the stairs in the building to try and wake myself up. it was ugly, but at least it's over.

I need eight hours of sleep a night. I like my ten o'clock (yeah. or earlier.) bedtime and I really would rather wake up feeling well rested than go to the bar with my friends. pulling all-nighters to get work done therefore makes me VERY cranky. pulling all-nighters two nights in a row? I guess I was kind of asking for it. I was doomed.

t sent me a sweet email when he woke up on his side of the world, just before 2am here. I quickly shot back with, "I'm still awake. kill me." he stayed at the computer talking to me all night, helping me stay awake and encouraging me that if I just kept working, I would get it done. without him there I am certain I would have wimped out somewhere around 4am and crawled into my bed, but then my paper wouldn't have gotten done and I still probably would have fallen asleep during my exam. so thanks for that, babe. and sorry for being a cranky gremlin. it's not you, it's my stupid LIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment