Friday, April 8, 2011

12 - friday

I cleaned my apartment today. I know.  big deal, right?


but no, seriously, I really cleaned my apartment today.  it took me four hours.  I stood on a stepstool to wash the window frames.  I got on my knees to scrub the baseboards and crown molding.  I steadied and washed every individual blind slatI dusted, I swept, I pulled the furniture out to get underneath and in the corners and then I mopped.  this place has never been so clean.


it went kind of like this: "no stopping til this place shines like the top of the Chrysler Building!"




I didn't want to clean my apartment, but we had reached a pretty critical mass of dust bunnies.  I needed some motivation to get myself in gear, so I bribed myself: if you go out and run all your errands you've been putting off, and if you promise to go home and clean the entire apartment top to bottom, you can have a really, greasy, deliciously unhealthy lunch.  and so I did. 




I fueled up for my clean-a-thon by treating myself some of my favorite local food: spike's junkyard dogs.  texas ranger dog (bbq sauce, bacon, cheddar cheese) and cheddar cheese fries! so good, such a treat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment