Monday, April 18, 2011

22 - monday

full race report with pictures coming, but for now:

the good
I did it! I am officially a boston marathon finisher. I achieved my "a" goal of finishing while having fun.  boston is a 26.2 mile party in the usa.

the bad
I added 23 minutes to my pr time from seattle (4:29), finishing today in 4:52.  my "b" goal was to best that time.

the ugly
...collapsing into the medical tent at the finish line.  I had some digestive tract issues, and because I was unable to, uh, empty myself out pre-race, all the water/gatorate/gu I took in during the race just sat in my stomach.  I threw up just after the halfway mark (behind a portapotty, so the medics wouldn't see me and make me stop!).  this totally effed up my electrolyte situation.  I busted into every empty portapotty I could find trying to alleviate my situation, to no avail. I ran/walked super slowly to keep my nausea in check.  I was annoyed because my heart/lungs/legs felt strong, but my stomach just would not let me go.

the takeaway
all that being said, I am so proud of myself for sticking with this race despite my february mcl injury and looking forward to sharing my experience with you soon. momma c and emily have all the pictures on their cameras, so it will have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment