Friday, April 22, 2011

26 - friday

it's ten o'clock on a friday night.  do you know where your girlfriend is? (for the full effect, you should ask yourself this question in your spookiest movie announcer voice. that's what I'm doing.)


what's that you say? is my girlfriend out partying the night away? much to the contrary, my dear. I am in bed, two nods away from sleep, because my life is exciting like that.

I won't bore you with the details of my day.  blah blah paper writing blah library blah.

I did go running, though, and hooo boy THAT was interesting. the first run I did after seattle, I ran faster than I had ever run before.  and I mean, ever. I didn't want that today.  not trying to break the landspeed record, just trying to shake out the cobwebs.  just a quick 2-3 miler, I told myself. just a loop around the neighborhood and call it a day.

after all my "I have no post-boston soreness" bragging chitchat, my run today could not have been more humbling an experience.  it felt like someone poured quikcrete in my shoes.  I felt like forrest gump before the braces go flying off his legs.  I could not move.  my left quad decided to spasm (really? after giving me no problems for four days?) and my right ITB was barking at me.  I made it just over a mile before I decided to turn around.  I stopped, stretched, and tried to continue on my way.  I found myself wishing that the running path was like the sims and there could be a little word bubble above my head saying "coming through. first run since Boston. seriously pathetic legs. don't judge!" but there wasn't, and so I shuffled along in shame.


when I got home it was time for some serious lower limb tlc.  I stretched, I kneaded, I foamrolled, I iced. I ibuprofened.  and I hope to the big man upstairs that tomorrow and the next day are better days.

1 comment:

  1. at least you're running. i don't predict I will be returning to the sauconys (that sounds so weird...i miss my mizunos) for at least another 3-5 days.

    ReplyDelete