Thursday, April 14, 2011

18 - thursday

thursdays are the busiest day of my week.  I'm on campus by 8am, and nearly every minute of my day is occupied with working, teaching, being in class, eating lunch with one hand while typing with the other, walking to the library, walking to class, being in class again, and again.  it's exhausting.  my last class of the afternoon is from 4:00-6:30, in a sun-filled room that overlooks the main green, brown's biggest open space.

this weekend is brown spring weekend, which means concerts, carnivals, free food, day drinking, and general revelry. none of which I will be taking part in, as I choose early sober bedtime over drunken raging for the days before a marathon.

today, all these things took place outside our classroom windows.  it was all we could do to pretend to pay attention for 2.5 hours.  worst of all, the class is on child development and we were talking about the importance of out-of-school playtime.  hello! we adult grad students need play time, too! let us outside!

 

I almost abandoned my scheduled four-mile run to challenge meredith to this:

if you're wondering to yourself, "hey, is that an inflatable obstacle course?" the answer is yes. yes it is.

and to try to break rocio's time record riding this:

that sure is a mechanical bull. 

but alas.  as boston is a mere four days away, I stuck to the plan and went home to run...after inhaling a double cheeseburger and a hotdog.  I KNOW.  not what the pre-race food plan calls for.  but I'm a poor grad student, and it was free! leave me alone! I paid for it dearly on my run, trying not to puke it up!

happy spring weekend, browntown! enjoy it for me B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment