Tuesday, April 19, 2011

23 - tuesday

I am still on an incredible high from yesterday.  I am exhausted.  my legs hurt.  but I am not injured.  thank you, baby jesus: for the first time since I started running, I have finished a long distance race without injury.  I ache the way I've ached after a really hard long training run.  admittedly, my quads are crying more than usual about the downhill beating they took in yesterday's race, but I know I will recover quickly.

I'm also determined not to fall into the post-marathon slump I felt after seattle.  I have lined up a few local races over the next month to give me short-term goals to look forward to.  also, t signed up last week to run the savannah rock n' roll marathon with me in november! talk about the best long-term goal ever.  I'm so excited to have such a handsome training partner.

so, today? today I slept late (8:30 am feels luxurious when you were up at 4:45 the day before!) and crushed a delicious brunch with my mom and sister.  (wait a minute, this looks familiar)...

no, it's not ALL for me.  just most of it.  

#1 fans refueling after a hard day/night of spectating and celebrating

No comments:

Post a Comment