Friday, April 1, 2011

5 - friday

happy april fools day!


new england is notorious for tricky weather.  today I awoke to rooftops blanketed in soft white snow.  I checked the news; clever headlines read "joke's on new england for april fools snowstorm" and "no joke: snowstorm heads to new england."  


my alarm went off before 6am, and I felt groggy from yesterday's travel and time change as I clumsily dressed for my physical therapy appointment.  I hurt my medial collateral ligament in february, and have been getting ultrasound and strengthening therapy to help me overcome the injury before I run the boston marathon (in 17 days! ahh!).  I didn't even bother brushing the snow off my car, and my windshield wipers made easy work of pushing it out of sight.  as I jogged from my car to the hospital, each footstrike erased a little piece of mother nature's joke from the sidewalk.  


by the time I left, falling snow had turned to bone-chilling rain and all of the accumulation had washed away.  it was only 8am, and it looked like the "april fools storm" had never happened at all.  but all this about april fools aside, the no-shit true news of the day is: I graduated from therapy! I'm cleared to run the marathon! 


and that makes me one VERY happy girl.  look at this knee. doesn't it look strong? come on. humor me. (for the record, taking a picture of one's own knee is exceedingly difficult!)







No comments:

Post a Comment