Friday, April 15, 2011

19 - friday

we have an EMERGENCY on our hands.


someone's been playing favorites with her gu.  which means that SOMEONE is dangerously close to being all our of her favorite flavor of gu, with her big marathon just three days away.  realizing the precariousness of this situation, someone may have called every running store within a 20-mile radius and no one has tri-berry in stock.

because, as it turns out, I'm not the only one running boston on monday and tri-berry is apparently gu's most popular flavor.  [long, violent string of expletives].

it's...it's not that I don't love lemon sublime.  I do.  it tastes like licking your finger and dipping it in the tub of lemon-lime gatorade powder (I can't be the only one).  it's just that tri-berry has caffeine in it, and gives me the extra kick in the ass I need on long tough runs (like, for instance, a marathon).  and yes I have three and alternating with lemon sublime, it's more than enough for boston.  if lemon sublime were enough in life I'd have enough gu for 2+ bostons. but I (and now I'm just whining) like having extra.  just in case of I don't know what.  I guess I am just going to hope and pray that somewhere at the expo this weekend, gu has an exhibition slot with so much tri berry on hand that they don't know what to do with it except load me up.

end rant.  I blame it on the taper monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment