Saturday, April 2, 2011

6 - saturday


confession. 

this morning, I worked on job application cover letters and polishing my resume, which boasts that I am well organized.  but really, one of my worst traits is that I am a horrible procrastinator. (it's after 9:30 pm, and I am just now eating dinner.) and even though I am a lover of gourmet cooking and fine foods, I have a terrible affection for greasy, salty, calorific fast food and all I had for dinner last night were tortilla chips. I have loads of school work to do, but instead I spent an embarrassing number of hours today playing online Scrabble.  

I procrastinated all mother-effing day.  I even procrastinated by reading a magazine article about how to overcome procrastination.  I am the worst.  

but lists...lists are my friend.  lists knock my intimidating pile o'stuff down into manageable chunks.  my friends know this about me. before I left for Paris, I had the following conversation with one of my bests:  

me: so much to do!!
Miriam: do you have a packing list with the weather written on top?
me: no! I'm freaking out!
there's been no time for making a list!
Miriam: oh god!
make a list.
things always feel less stressful with lists!

which is why finally, at 5pm, I made myself a list. and then went to the grocery store to buy myself toothpaste, so I can brush my teeth for the first time since I've been home from Paris like a real adult.   

blurry, so you can't see that my list has things like "MAKE A NICE DINNER" and "SHOWER" and "don't sleep in like an a-hole" written on it. 

it's going to be one heck of a week, but now that I have it all laid out I feel so much calmer.  this slice of deliciousness isn't hurting things, either.


No comments:

Post a Comment