Thursday, April 21, 2011

25 - thursday

as I enter the final stretch of grad school (hello, only 1.5 more weeks of classes), I find myself letting other important tasks fall by the wayside.  for instance:

  • laundry. I still have enough underwear to get me to reading period! that's gotta count for something.
  • dishes. nothing bothers me more than a sink of dishes. and yet here I am, violating my own pet peeve.
  • cooking dinner. cooking is something I love, but I have no time for in my life right now.  I'll let tonight's gourmet meal speak for itself:
mostly I am proud of myself for not burning popcorn for the first time since getting a microwave. 
  • and last but not least, grocery shopping.

I have an amorous relationship with grocery shopping.  it stems largely from my (expensive) affection for vegetables allthetime, but it is fueled in no small part by the arrival, every thursday, of the circular.  I love the circular.  even if I don't need to go to the store.  even if there's nothing in there that I want, I will still look through the whole thing every week.  I never clip coupons, and I don't necessarily build my list around what's on sale. but I do look forward to it.

except...it didn't come today. seriously. I am not amused. I had to go online and log in (why yes I do have a username and password for my grocery store's website.  what of it?) in order to see this week's offerings.


the good news (?) is that I am precariously close to running out of coffee.  this is always the critical moment that brings to a screeching halt all the things keeping me from grocery shopping and gets my butt to the store.  what can I say? you don't want to meet me without my morning coffee. it's not pretty. so lame as it may be, I can honestly say I am so looking forward to food shopping this weekend.  (and finally getting some veggies back into my life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment