Tuesday, April 5, 2011

9 - tuesday

I live on the second floor of my apartment building, and both my mail and that of the woman upstairs gets pushed in through the same mail slot.  every day, depending on who gets home first, we sort the mail and leave the other's on a little table in the foyer.


yesterday, I was sorting through it and noticed a copy of Runner's World.  the woman upstairs is a triathlete and so both she and I are always getting lots of fitness magazines.  when I saw her copy of RW, my heart sank.  a little rest-in-peace, RW moment. I let my subscription lapse last month because I didn't want to renew and then deal with the hassle of changing addresses once I move.  


right. that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.


er, actually, no. that's a boldfaced lie.


the truth is I dragged my feet (sensing a trend?) and have been accumulating enough "renew your subscription now, you jerk!" mail to wallpaper my whole dining room. thinking that if I just keep the notices, one of these days I'll get around to renewing.  riiiight. check out for yourself how well THAT is going:




so imagine my absolute JOY when I came home today and had my "last issue" of RW waiting for me! I was so excited that I immediately got on their website and renewed.  crisis avoided! 

No comments:

Post a Comment