Sunday, April 24, 2011

28 - sunday

happy easter, y'all.

I celebrated by getting up at 5 and doing a few hours of work before church.  then I proceeded to cook up an enormous brunch for my family - mimosas, fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits, and asparagus pancetta hash with poached eggs over ciabatta toasts.  oh, and cinnamon buns for dessert.  can you have dessert at brunch? yes you can, and yes you should.

my freshman year of college, home for the holiday weekend, my mom unceremoniously walked into my bedroom and plunked a pair of fuzzy bunny ears down on the floor next to me and told me she was relinquishing her duties after years of cheerfully hippity-hopping downstairs in the cruel pre-dawn hours of easters past to make baskets of cavity-inducing treats for us kids. I've been in charge ever since. did you know that being the easter bunny for your own adult siblings is actually really fun? I've made some kick-ass baskets over the past 5 years, but this morning I was a little pressed for time. my brother wasn't even home, so the only person I was really making a basket for was my sister. after brunch she threw a mini-tantrum about her basket not being ready yet.  (she's nineteen years old. the drama was unnecessary.) but for baskets thrown together at the absolute last minute, I think they're pretty awesome. wouldn't you agree?

1 comment:

  1. i can picture this temper tantrum in action. only in my mind, your sister is still 11. and i would really like to see what ended up in JP's easter basket.

    ReplyDelete