Saturday, April 9, 2011

13 - saturday

simple pleasures come from simple things.  this morning, I took pleasure in spending a few extra minutes in bed, stretching my toes out to feel the curve of the mattress under my cozy flannel sheets, letting my head rest for a few extra moments on the pillow. I felt like I was getting away with sleeping in for hours, just lying there. 


it just so happens to be a textbook-perfect spring day, and I'm inside taking an exam. (playing the world's tiniest violin. woe is me.) but I reject you, self-pity! while I can't enjoy the beautiful day outside, the possibility of joy is not completely dashed.  


today, it's as simple as this tiny notebook I found yesterday that is the little sister to the bigger one I use for class notes. the little one is perfect for writing lists: grocery lists, to-do lists, things-to-send-to-t lists, jobs-I'd-like lists, and on and on. keeping lists - and keeping them in a beautiful little book - is part of keeping stress at bay and finding joy in even the most task oriented of saturdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment