Tuesday, April 12, 2011

15 - monday

I'm just getting home from the library. I spent the last 9 hours tucked away at a second-floor carrel with a view of the city, the highways and the bay that made me nostalgic for my senior year of undergrad, when I spent hours and hours gazing out over the same scene as I wrote and polished my thesis.  I could have spent all day today looking out and daydreaming. 


here, time-lapse pictures of my view at 3:45 and again three hours later: 



I unexpectedly bumped into not one, but two of my friends I haven't seen in ages.  one is a high school classmate who also went to brown for his undergrad, but who's now at yale law school.  he told me that whenever he's home and needs to do schoolwork, he makes a point of coming back to brown. 

the other person I bumped into was one of my favorite sorority sisters (my little.  hi kat!) who is a senior and in the throes of final thesis stress.  I gave her a big hug and told her that the most important part is knowing when to let go and to enjoy the rest of her senior spring. we chatted for a while before I had to leave her to finish my work.  I hope we can get together between now and commencement, while we're still in the same place. 


as the work stretched out, so nightfall crept in.  7:30 and 8:30, respectively:




it lightened my evening tremendously to bump into people I haven't seen in ages.  maybe I should start hanging out at the library more often!


No comments:

Post a Comment