Tuesday, June 7, 2011

72 - tuesday

Day one of our trip is in the books. I woke up this morning at the fine hour of 5:15 to shower and pack my car. A misunderstanding between my mom and me about our planned departure time meant I had an extra hour and a half to kill, so I drove to Allie's Donuts for one last raised chocolate frosted before leaving the Ocean State in my rearview. Delicious.

Our drive was mostly uneventful. We took a wrong turn at a rest stop in New Jersey and wound up in an employees only lot, and beltway traffic in DC was pretty snarly. But, all told, not a bad drive. It took us right around nine hours to reach my aunt and uncle's house in northern Virginia.

We were greeted on arrival with cold cocktails and the promise of grilled steaks for dinner. This has been such a nice mini visit; I only wish we could stay longer. We are up first thing tomorrow morning to drive south to Charleston, SC. We'll spend tomorrow night there before making the final push to GA on Thursday morning.

I will add pictures when I can - blogging from my iPhone is hard to do! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment