Wednesday, June 15, 2011

80 - wednesday

I have a big backyard project up my sleeve. no, it doesn't involve sheep. it involves construction, light machinery, and thirty-two cubic feet of garden to plan, plot, and plant.

bought myself this pretty pair of lady garden gloves today! no more fumbling around in t's giant mitts. plus they're cute.

I went to lowes today to price things out, and though all I walked out with were candystriped gloves, I did turn a lot of heads walking around in the lumber yard like I knew what I was doing. a non-obese female in a pretty pink shirt, cruising around in her boyfriend's super duty truck and walking around lowes like she owns the place is apparently not the norm here in middle georgia. huh. I was asked at least a dozen times if I was finding everything ok and/or if I needed assistance. not to mention how unaccustomed I am to people just smiling at me and saying hi and asking me how my day is going for no reason other than that's what people do here. very strange. if that happened to me back in new england I would have probably thought the greeter was a creepy stalker. it happened again at cvs and again at the grocery store. I have to practice reacting more naturally. I'm pretty sure I respond like whoever is talking to me just told me I dropped $100 on the floor or that my pants had ripped wide open. that is, like a bumbling idiot.

but I digress.

the reason today was all about pricing and not purchasing is because the usps hooked me up with this sweet discount card when I changed my address:


planning ahead means I can make sure I buy as much as possible this weekend - and maximize my savings. win, win.

my goodness, do I sound like a thrifty middle-aged housewife or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment